What to Expect
What do I wear?
- We do not have a dress code, but we thought you may like to know what to expect when you arrive. Members and guests who attend our Sunday Morning Worship times or our Wednesday Evening Activities are very relaxed and casually dressed. Those who attend Sunday Morning Worship wear anything from jeans to casual to a suit and tie or dress. Feel welcome to come just as you are.
Where do I go?
- When you first arrive at Memorial you will be greeted at the door by one of our greeters. These are folks who are willing and happy to see that you get to where you need to be. Just ask a greeter and they will be glad to help you get settled in and ready for a great morning. For more detailed information about our church we have a "Welcome Desk" in the foyer of our church to the left when you walk in. We have friendly folks that will be happy to answer any questions about the church.
As a visitor, am I going to have to stand up and be singled out?
- No. We only ask that you take a moment to fill out the white “Welcome” card located in the back of each pew. You can return this to the offering plate as it is passed later in the service.
Where can my Children go?
- On Sunday Mornings and special evening services, we offer nursery services for children ages infant to 3 years. Of course you are welcome to take your infant or toddler with you if you wish. Children ages 4 and up attend the worship service.
- On Wednesday nights the nursery is open for children ages infant to 3 years. Children 4 and up attend Wee Worshippers or Jazzy Juniors. Youth begins at grade 7.
Special Needs Ministry
- We are excited to offer Special Needs Ministry during Sunday Morning Worship at 9am & 11am, as well as during the 9:45am Sunday School hour. For visitors, we would love to know that you are coming. Please contact Ellen Carlton, Special Needs Ministry Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact the church office at (540) 885-8033 to let us know that you are planning a visit.
What if I have any questions?
- If you have any questions about planning a visit to Memorial, feel free to contact our Church Office at (540)885-8033, or email the pastor at email@example.com.
What service should I go to?
- 9:00am Praise & Worship Service is our blended worship service. It is a time of contemporary praise and worship mixed with traditional music as well. Our Pastor, Mark Jones, preaches an expository message from the Bible that is designed to encourage your faith journey.
- 11:00am Worship Hour contains many of the time honored elements of worship that many Christians are accustomed to. During this service our Sanctuary Choir is featured and our pastor delivers a more in-depth expository message.